Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jerilyn Jurinek: Minimal Living

Artists choose to live minimally.. why? Because they dedicate their lives to their passion. Jerilyn Jurinek is one of those artists who doesn't need much. I got the opportunity to see how she lives, get a feel for her artwork. The one television she has in her home is on the floor and it only plays DVDs. Majority of her space is occupied by books and studio space.
 

One inspiring thing about this particular artist, is that she works with her imagination from reading. It really is amazing  how people express themselves differently. She also dislikes working from photographs. After she explained her reasoning, it made me consider the difference between working from a photo rather than real life.

After speaking with her and asking questions, she told me I was too young to be patient. It meant something to me as a young artist. She explained to me that it just comes to you; being young requires practice and then  everything will fall into place, as it did for her. "Never be afraid to start"


No comments:

Post a Comment